Thursday 1 March 2012

If i was in charge of school.

If I was in charge of school I would start by changing the uniform to the old fabric as it is cooler. On a hot summers day, you can move in it easier as it is loosely fitted on the body and feels more comfortable. As student's are in it everyday being nice to wear is important, a comfortable student is a happy student. I would also give all the students the opportunity to purchase and wear, during school time, a track suit or dark blue / black jeans so that in the winter when it's cold students can be warm. Even though you can buy the long trouses, only boys really buy them as they don't really suit girls and stockings can only keep you warm for so long, before the cold gets though. I think changing the uniform is beneficial because it means that the students will be less likely to come down with the flu, due to being cold, and then end up missing days of school.

If I was in charge of the school I would add a pool behind the turf. I would do this because swimming is a very important aspect of physical education and at the swimming sports I noticed that lots of people could not swim at all. I think this is an area that Alfriston College does not support enough, as I believe, for their own safety, all high school students should know how to swim at a basic level or at least know what to do if they ever got into trouble in the water. As a passionate swimmer I personaly think that swimming is a basic life skill that all children should have the opportunity to learn within a school environment. It would also be beneficial to the public as the school could charge for a key, which in the end would mean that the pool could help pay for itself!

If I was in charge of school I would get rid of module time as I believe, along with a majority of Alfriston College students, that this learning time is being put to waste, being filled with sometimes meaningless activity. I would change it to an ILC time for students especialy year 12 and 13 as it is important at this level to keep up with all your school work. I have found myself, and talking with other students, that often you have 5-6 teachers all  thinking that they will give homelearning to do during ILC time or catch up work and 200 minutes just isnt enough!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that's why it is called home learning Chelsey!
    Good points though - I like your idea about the pants - when I was at school we had to wear white shirts like you do but when it was winter we were allowed to wear plain black pants. It looked smart too.
    Yay for being a keen swimmer!

    Make sure you get your two poems posted up on here please.

    ReplyDelete